Thursday, June 5, 2014

Chia Pudding (AKA Healthy Tapioca!)


Don't you just love when you look at a recipe and you can do it without needing to go out and buy anything? I do! And that's basically what happened with this chia pudding recipe AnneOrShine on youtube shared. I bought my chia seeds during a sale at some local health store, and let me just say CHIA SEEDS ARE EXPENSIVE! Chia seeds are a growing topic, joining delicious foods such as avocados and acai berries on the list of ◦SUPER FOODS◦ which do great things to our bodies. Chia seeds are no longer for our chia pets, they're known to be an excellent source of fiber, give s strong bones and teeth, fight fat, and are rich in omega 3s which do all kinds of healthy junk for ya.

Watch the video I watched:

 
Of course, she went all out and added all kinds of yummy things to her puddings, but I stuck to the basic recipe:
◦1 Part Chia Seeds
◦3 Parts Dairy
◦As Much Sweetner As You Wish
Chill the mixture for a few hours or a day.
CONSUME AND BE HAPPY ❤

I had a small jar so I used 1/2 a cup of chia seeds and 1 1/2 cups of milk and just taste tested and added *unhealthy* plain old sugar. If you choose not to add a sweetener you might be left there with a look of "is that ALL" so I suggest you do! Personally I think the 1:3 ratio still left me with too much chia in my mix, next time I'll probably use a little less.
Don't worry about whether or not your seeds are white, I believe it's purely worth the aesthetic and it's just cheaper to stay with the unbleached chia seeds (like mine).


My final product, after chilling for about eight hours. It makes my mouth happy and my tummy as well.

Have you jumped on the chia train?

No comments:

Post a Comment